Monday, August 8, 2011

Ruby Spikes at Sea


Hello, bloggy readers. You still there? I have been gone for a whole week and didn't even line up any guest posts to keep you entertained in my absence. But with BlogHer also occurring during my absence, maybe mine wasn't the only blog that was dark last week.

In case you don't know, the reason for my absence last week was the Hubs and I went on a cruise with a couple friends of ours. And wi-fi on the boat costs a whopping $0.65 per minute. Yikes! I figured that instead I'd just relax and write and come home with a bevy of blog posts to keep your readers full for weeks. But guess what, that didn't happen either. Instead of writing I slept, drank, ate, slept some more, ate and drank some more, saw a few sights, and otherwise did a lot of nothing. It was awesome. But it does mean I'll have to get back to business writing, since I've now got nothing in the bloggy bank.

In the meantime, here's a little summary of our 7 night Caribbean cruise. Ahhhhh.

Cruise line: Royal Caribbean
Ship: Freedom of the Seas
Scheduled itinerary: Coco Cay, St. Thomas,  & St. Maarten
Unscheduled tropical storm: Emily
Detoured Itinerary: Coco Cay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Highlights (at least the ones captured on film):

1. The self service, single glass wine dispenser. One of the first things I snapped a picture of once on board. Turns out, we didn't use it once. (We bought whole bottles, y'all.) But boy do I want one. Would you all pay a tiny cover charge if I have you over for a wine party?



2. Photo opportunities abound.


   



3. Lots of yummy food. Most of it was free, but the best stuff came after a small additional fee.





4. Really good shows. I was surprised that they were as good as they were.



5. Did I mention the drinking? 13 bottles of wine between the four of us, plus an untold number of Mango Mai Tais, Pina Coladas, Coronas, Blue Moons, etc.




6. Sleeping. This didn't photograph as well. But was super awesome. We did lots of it.



7. An ice show. On the ship. And it was good.



8. Cool ports of call, but man was it HOT!!! Quick bit of shopping and eating and we headed back to the air conditioning.


 


9. Bingo. Because I think it's required if you're on a cruise.



10. Royal Caribbean towel animals. Pure awesome.



I posted more cruise photos on my Rubyspikes Facebook page, so head on over if you're so inclined.